Sunday, May 27, 2012

In Honor of Memorial Day...



This is a 1919 U.S. Calvary Sword and Scabbard designed by General Patton (he was a lieutenant at the time).  Auctioning this off and a 1918 one also...just sharing this with you in honor of Memorial Day.  If any of you have ever watched The Patriot or any movies that have some type of warfare not involving machine guns, I wonder if you find it just as amazing as I do how men marched forth as such open an open target back then...bravery then and bravery now!  Oh, to recognize it and be so thankful for the men and women who have given their all for our freedoms and those who have served and those who are serving...

I want to thank my Dad and my Grandfather for serving and for Jenae who is serving now somewhere in the Atlantic.

Thank you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment