Friday, May 18, 2012

Believe...Always and other goodies in the making!!!


 I love working with old optical lenses.  Thanks to the gal in Texas who purchased my Elvis Presley necklace that I made!!!  What a boost to have someone notice and want to spend money on something I have created.  Hard to believe it is going on 35 years that Elvis has been gone!!!  This necklace was a joy to make and I will be listing it in my etsy shop.  One the one side is a mixed collage highlighting the word "believe" in a numbered optical lense from an antique optical lense kit and then on the other side is a very old fabric button that I collaged with the word "always" and then sealed it with a glaze.  The chain is just a fun piece of fabulous variations of purple!!!  With the extension, you can wear it at varied lengths.  Let me know what you think!  Below pictures of this, is some others I am working on with silver burst type bases, back of watches, pictures of antique pin back buttons and covered with watch crystals...the end picture is one with a chain.  I might be embellishing these a little more.  The one on the end has gold hammered piece on the other side...see it in my etsy.  Thanks for looking...always love comments if you have time!  
~deb
















No comments:

Post a Comment