Friday, August 20, 2010

Women of Faith Conference in Omaha!!! Nothing like being there!!!

You just never know how your days will change.....you think you have your schedule all figured out!! I was singing recently for a Sunday service at a church in our community and was approached afterwards about the Women of Faith conference coming up. Patrice asked me if I had considered going. Yes, I had, but the cost is what discouraged me. Well, someone wants to sponsor someone anonymously ad would you like to go......oh, my goodness!!!

It was a WONDERFUL time as, of course, I fit it into my schedule! If any of you ladies have never been to one....oh, there is nothing like being there. Being there in the audience with over 6,000 women praising the Lord, moving to the groove REALLY! and hearing women and there was a man speaker share with us honestly about so many things....the insight! What I appreciated the most was the honesty and being encouraged and just letting it out for all to see that WE JUST DON'T HAVE IT ALL TOGETHER and IT'S OK! We are a work in progress by a loving Father who loves us as we are and sees us in a totally different way than we see ourselves.

I just want to share a few quotes and if you would like me to send you a copy of my notes, I would love to send them to you. I wrote it out so that even though you may not have been there, that you would understand. It prints out to 15 pages and I hope that it will bless you, encourage you and help you in your day to day walk with the Lord, your family, in your job, in your creativity!!! Thanks for letting me share....debbie's e-mail: debbie_demmers@hotmail.com

"GOD CALLS US AS HE SEES US."

"GOD MEETS US WHERE WE ARE, NOT WHERE WE WISH WE WERE."

"GOD USES OUR BROKENNESS SO MUCH MORE THAN OUR PRETEND WHOLENESS."

"HOW WE GET OFF THE PATH OF TRUSTING GOD IS BECAUSE WE LOOK AT OUR WEAKNESSES AND DO NOT APPRECIATE THE STRENGTHS HE HAS GIVEN."

"THE CHALLENGE ISN'T NOT TO DRAW IN WHAT GOD LEFT OUT BUT TO DRAW OUT WHAT GOD LEFT IN."

"WHAT IS GOD'S WILL? YOUR STRENGTHS ARE HIS WILL, SO LET HIS WILL BE DONE."

"OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD IS NOT BASED ON WHAT WE BRING TO THE TABLE, BUT IS JUST BASED ON HIS LOVE FOR US."

"GOD DELIGHTS IN ME. HE JUST DOESN'T TOLERATE ME."

"PART OF CHALLENGE OF LIVING THE CHRISTIAN LIFE IS LIVING WITH MYSTERY. I'M NOT GOING TO UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING IN THIS LIFE."

"DO YOU TRUST THE HEART OF THE ONE WHO IS MOVING YOUR LIFE?"


Ok, more than a few quotes! I am just so excited! One more.....

"WE KEEP OUR SECRETS AND THEN OUR SECRETS KEEP US."

No comments:

Post a Comment