Monday, August 9, 2010

True Joy.....what really matters.....

I am at the library so this will come without pictures....

Just need to share this about joy because sometimes, even doing crafts doesn't give me all that I need. I am in a bit of a shock as I have just learned that our pastor's wife, Marly just lost her baby....she was due this coming Saturday. We were just laughing after church yesterday as we were preparing for a Ladies' Retreat next month about her having this baby while family members come in a few days.....having her jump on a trampoline or something! We all had already fallen in love with "Charlie" and were looking forward to meeting him soooon. It is times like this.....nothing that I thought meant so much really means anything and I read this about joy in my upcoming Sunday School lesson this morning and I can only hold onto what I know is true at this time and certainly not what I feel. It shows me once again that faith is not a feeling, it is knowing the Truth and one cannot know the Truth unless they are in the Word daily and building a personal relationship with the One who creates us.....One who so much wants to be a part of our lives. So, I share this on joy even though I don't feel much joy at this moment....

"Most people mistakenly believe that joy comes from fulfilling their every desire. But in reality, joy is a byproduct of obedience. God meets His people when they are obedient to Him, and His very presence fills them with His joy."

~Patty David

I am holding on....
Thanks for letting me share. Those of you who pray, please pray for Marly and her husband Josh and Jack who is 22 months old and was waiting for his new brother.....thanks,

debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment