Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Making Cards!!!....Drying out the Basement!!!

The days certainly got away from me!!! Hope everyone had a great 4th of July! I was asked to sing on Sunday, so I sang Lee Greenwood's song, God Bless the USA. I change some of the words....."If tomorrow all the things were gone, I'd worked for all my life, and I had to start again with just my family and my friends. I'd thank the Lord Above, to be living here today...." In everything, I want to give God the glory, not my "lucky stars".

Worked through the whole holiday weekend. It was nice to see people from out of town come into the antique store. Finished up some cards (pictures from the Graphics Fairy, I believe), want to get some more done and am also getting ready to work on charms for bracelets and necklaces and earrings....the sorting begins!!! BUT, the immediate situation is drying things out in the basement after a very hard rain with lots and lots of wind!!! Have a truck load of branches from all our trees to take to the dump. Still lots to pick up and have the fans going in the basement. Just one side of the house, water comes in when the eaves get too full. I was out there last night in my husband's camo rain gear trying to rig up something to get the water away from the house....it was a useless situation with the hard rain at the time. And yet, I thank God for shelter and that we are all dry! Hope you all have a great day and find lots to be thankful for!!! blessings, debbie







This one is my favorite!!! Have lots more to come!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Debbie,
    I am glad you had a good 4th, and I know your song was very inspirational. I liked how you changed the lyrics to give God the glory. Your cards are so pretty. I love the vintage images and embellishments you are using on them. I am sorry for the flood in your basement. We have been getting a lot of rain here in Central Texas, but I am not complaining because we really needed it here. Enjoy your Friday, sweet friend, and have a lovely weekend~ Vicki

    ReplyDelete