Friday, May 28, 2010

Just Being Weird...BUT I like this picture!

Over 4 years ago now, I picked up this picture down in Arizona, north of Phoenix. I found it in a thrift store. This was all during the time my husband Mark and I were in the area to have Mark receive a new type of therapy for his kidney cancer....called tomotherapy, a more precise radiation of tumors. We were staying in a beautiful little town north of Phoenix in the foothills called Carefree. I had brought this into the antique store to sell, but decided to take it back home. I don't know if it is just the picture itself or knowing that I had bought it during a time that Mark was still alive....I just don't know. As I was taking pictures, and I wish I had taken one of the black framing as it is simple but beautiful....anyway, it is amazing the different coloring and how it seems to change this dog. I have shown it to people and they also think it looks like a dalmatian, but the wording or name makes me think it is suppose to be one of those "racing" greyhounds. Either way....I like the picture and decided I wasn't ready to part with it. Someone lovingly drew it in chalk and I think did an amazing job......just being weird!


















3 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie, I like the picture too! I'm a huge dog lover! Anyway, this is a follow up to all the emails I sent you. I'm not sure if they aren't getting through to you or what so I'm trying here because I know you are anxious for your buttons! I need your blogger log-in info so I can load them on your blog. Send me an email with that info okay??? Thanks sweetie!
    Karen
    Valentine Design

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not weird if it speaks to your heart! My problem? too much speaks to my heart...LOL...anyway hope you are having a lovely weekend!
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally like that. I have so much stuff now, that I only buy items that speak to me somehow. And then I get really attach to those items. I just got through with a major clean out of my house and it was super easy.....sentimental value or no. Lots of tossing for sure!!

    ReplyDelete