Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Good Samaritan....




I wrote this on my other blog, "Devotionally Yours", but feel I need to share it here, too. It is a risk. It is an "unsightly" story, I think. Takes us to the unpleasant, away from the pretty, safe places we create. But this is so wrong, this to have happened. Is it controversial or unpleasant to ask, "Where is the humanity?" The world isn't all beautiful with little vignettes here and there....that is why I can't do "life" without Christ. It is from the depths that I share with you.....I love to create and hope in creating that I glorify the One who gifted me with this crazy mind, at times!!! I want to give God all the glory, strengthen others in fellowship and point to Him in all that I do. As the Lord called to the darkness and out of this void, created everything.....I hope that He can work through me. Please read the story below. It was in the Aberdeen News for today....thanks, deb



New York---The homeless man lay face down, unmoving, on the sidewalk outside an apartment building, blood from knife wounds pooling underneath his body.


One person passed by in the early morning. Then another, and another. Video footage from a surveillance camera shows at least seven people going by, some turning their heads to look, others stopping to gawk. One even lifted the homeless man's body, exposing what appeared to be blood on the sidewalk underneath him, before walking away.


It wasn't until after the 31 year-old Guatamalan immigrant had been lying there for nearly an hour that emergency workers arrived, and by then, it was too late. Hugo Alfredo Tale-Yax, who police said was stabbed while intervening to help a woman being attacked, had died.


Tale-Yax was walking behind a man and a woman on April 18 when the couple got into a fight that became physical, according to police.


Tale-Yax was stabbed several times when he intervened to help the woman. She and the other man fled in different directions, and Tale-Yax pursued the man before collapsing. Authorities are searching for the man and woman.


Lord Jesus, please forgive us. And at times like this.....I just wish You would come now. We humans aren't doing a very good job down here.....

No comments:

Post a Comment