Tuesday, March 23, 2010

"Old Photographs"....never can be too careful!

One of those cloudy days....we get teased by a sunny day and then....oh, well, it is bound to happen! I enjoy going through the blogs and gazing on all the talent out there and so many beautiful pictures. Real quick, before getting to a dental appointment and to work, wanted to share this. I had offered it on ebay and it sold. It was only afterward that I realized it was a family photo. Fortunately, I have a couple more and was so relieved! Never can be too careful about pictures! Make sure all of yours are in rubbermaid containers or the like as it is such a sad story when they get ruined. We know people in our church right now that are emptying their basement because of the flooding issues we are dealing with here in the Midwest. Pictures, more valuable than gold!!!

It's a "sunny day" in my heart and mind.......deb

1 comment:

  1. Hi Deb,
    So true! I have many historical family photos and they are truly one of the first things I'd grab in a fire...I have a hard time seeing old photos in flea markets, it's like they are calling to me and begging me to return them to their family heirs lol. Seriously, I have to avert my eyes, look the other way...so I'm glad to hear you spreading the news that those basement photos are so precious...to someone, somewhere at least.

    ReplyDelete