Sunday, February 14, 2010

Spink County Mercantile, Redfield, South Dakota



I was reading some other blogs and how some are showing their shops, etc. Well, I thought I would share with you where I work and where I sell things that I create. I have been working here over 3 years. It is a part-time job that works well with my other job. Here, I can work and create at the same time! It is an amazing situation really. It is a job that I get paid for but also provides me with a great outlet for time to create and time to visit with people in our community. As with all businesses, we have our slow times. We are considered the Pheasant Capital area in the world, so hunting seasons are busy for us. A local dentist bought this building when it had a false ceiling in so the previous renters wouldn't have such high utility bills. The false ceiling was taken out and the building was restored to the way it was when it was a furniture store so long ago. It has very high ceilings covered in tin, a great balcony and is just an all out amazing place to have an antique store. We sell a variety of items from furniture, pottery, jewelry, glassware, advertising items, handmade items, collectibles of all kinds. The manager has a gift with arranging.....I love assisting her. She knows all about color and flow of the eye. Anyway, I may post more pictures at another time. These were taken in 2008. Don't you think this is a beautiful place. Come visit anytime! Our hours are Tuesday through Saturday 10 to 5 and from May to the end of December, we are open on Sundays from 12 to 5. See you.....deb

















No comments:

Post a Comment